Treat your data seriously, achieve high performance, security, availability and compliance.
Statspack chart reporting 'consistent gets' samples together with CR undo.
A poorly performing database environment can have a significant negative effect on your business. Whether you are experiencing:
- Poor application response times.
- Customer complaints associated with lack of timely data availability.
- General concern that your system was not configured correctly after outsourcing the work.
- If you are just not sure that your databases are performing to their potential.
Contact JoraPh Managed Services for a thorough, non-invasive, database health check.
There is no need to take unnecessary risks with your corporate data. Our experienced consultants know where to look, what to check for. They also know about ensuring data availability, which enables business continuity and ultimately improved service level performance.
Health Check components:
- Initial investigative discussions to understand data management practices, current issues and objectives.
- Data capture (often planned in advance to ensure enough information is gathered).
- Procedure and data analysis for backup, recovery, availability, continuity and security.
- Compliance analysis; software versions, patch levels and security checks relating to the database environment.
- Detailed report covering all topics where applicable and any advised actions
Typical Oracle events performance issue:-
The database health check enables you to
- Identify the cause of performance issues and fix them.
- Evaluate your own business practices to ensure data security and availability.
- Ensure system compatibility and software compliance.
The Health Check encapsulates the deep experience of our own health check solution, which performs up to 300 individual checks and applies these to performance data retrieved from your systems.This automates the problem analysis and provides rapid recommendations for remedial action, along with eliminating performance issues. In just two days, your issues are identified and your plan of action is in place. Once the system is running well, the Health Check should be considered as an optional quarterly exercise to maintain maximum performance levels and to ensure continued security, availability and compliance. Database health checks can be carried out as an “ad hoc” service, but are an integral part of our managed service solution, ensuring your database performs at peak efficiency, ensuring your database’s stability, whilst identifying potential issues and eliminating bottlenecks.
JMS now provides an enhanced service over and above what the Authority was able to do internally, which includes:
- Taking the initial lead with all Oracle and SQL Server database related problems
- Working as part of the Authority and being fully customer facing in terms of support, advice and work requests
- Providing immediate response to database downtime
- Providing both on-site and remote support using secure VPN
- Set-up, automation and management of all DBA functions running on a daily basis ensuring human intervention is kept to a minimum and eliminating changes and errors
- Implementation of a comprehensive change control procedure
- Provision of monthly statistics to show efficiency and performance of all the relevant Oracle and SQL Server databases
- Responsibility for all backup processes and procedures
- Coaching and knowledge transfer for the existing DBA
- Answering queries via telephone, email, etc
- Provision and implementation of all database upgrades
The Local Authority has seen a massive reduction by over 40% year on year in the cost of managing and supporting its Oracle and SQL Server databases and database users.
“Since engaging with JoraPh, we have been able to reduce costs in DBA services whilst, at the same time, increasing the levels of support to our users. We would have no hesitation in recommending JoraPh Managed Services to other local authorities for a similar service.” Local Authority IT Director